426 artists with 1018 art works applied for this year’s exhibition. There were many good applications for this project and the jury had a hard time to decide who is going to present Schleswig-Holstein and Eastern Norway in Identität von Mensch und Ort | Identitet: menneske og sted. During three long days the jury discussed a lot and chose in the end 45 artists with 57 works all together. The two exhibition locations, the theme and practical considerations helped the jury to decide, but I was still hard to prioritize.
All applicants will get an answer by tonight.
The jury for this year´s exhibition during the jury process:
- Tulle Ruth Koefoed-Jespersen (artist, NO)
- Jens Martin Neumann (curator/art historian, D)
- Natalie Hope O’Donnell (curator / art historian NO / GB)
- Anders Petersen (artist, D), Monika Rathlev (artist, D)
- Marianne Tjønn (artist, NO) and Hans Martin Øien (artist, NO)
Foto: Anders Petersen